We've fixed the job search functionality. However, users are still unable to reset their own passwords. If you are an AWSP member and you need to reset your password, call us at 1.800.562.6100 or email us and we'll reset it promptly.
There are two ways to view jobs on AWSP now.
- If you’re a member, you have to log in. If you know your password, everything should be simple and straightforward. Sadly, our programmers are still trying to sort out some issues with our web platform and our member management database. More on this in a minute.
- If you’re not a member, you can sign up for one year of free access to view our job postings.
Why the change?
Well, our job listing page is the most popular page on AWSP.org. We would love it if it was our staff bios – kidding, we’re not that vain. We are working hard to promote principal longevity and keep principals in the same building longer. All the research says this is best for kids, but we know people find or change jobs all the time for all sorts of valid reasons. Our goal for the site is to be the number one resource on the web for Washington state principals. We want to provide our members better and more personalized content on a more consistent basis, and having our members sign in to use the site helps us with that.
The unintended consequence of requiring a member sign-in is some people would lose access, so we created a free job seeker account. We don’t want to put up a barrier to great principals from other states looking for jobs here, or a principal intern with a family on a teacher salary needing to spend the money on an intern membership (although we think it’s a great investment, but hey, we might be a little biased).
Cool. What does that mean for me?
If you’re a member…
- If you know your password, you’re all good. Head on in and find your perfect job.
- If you don’t know your password, please call us or email email@example.com. We’ll get you sorted out quickly.
- Our reset password function is currently stuck in a really frustrating loop. We apologize. Our vendors are working away at trying to fix it.
For anyone without an active membership right now…
- The job seeker page has a sign up which will let you create a free account.
- In theory, this account will let you access just the job postings. In practice, it’s not working yet.
- We apologize for the inconvenience. Again, we’re working to get it sorted out as soon as we can.
We know you are all working hard and this is a stressful time of the year no matter what. If you’re looking for a job, chances are it’s even more stressful. Thanks for your patience as our programmers try and sort everything out. Keep checking back for updates, but we expect the job seeker logins to start working very soon. Hopefully the password reset problem will be fixed quickly too, but if you can’t get logged in, reach out and we can help.