Climate Science Chapter 4:
What do I need to know about climate science?
The Scientist Circle protocol:
Frame the conversation around one of the three topics:
- General Science
- Climate Science
- Climate Science vs Politics
- Have three different colored post-it notes on hand
- One is for what you “notice”
- Second is for what you “know”
- Third is for what you “wonder”
- Have three large posters with “notice”, “know”, and “wonder” written at the top
- Have teachers gather at the three posters and one-by-one share their post-its with the group until all post-its have been shared.
- Have group examine each poster one-by-one and cluster like post-its together and call out why they chose to cluster them in the manner they chose.
- Group Reflection: What are some key scientific ideas you took away from the video? What other ideas resonate with you? How did this activity model equitable learning and teaching
- Putting politics aside, what are some key scientific ideas you took away from the video? What other ideas resonate with you? Discuss with your team.
- If you want to learn more about what is happening with climate science education in Washington State, visit our ClimeTime website. There are a number of resources available.