Ask Dr. WAC: Principal Focus Evaluation Requirements vs. Teacher Requirements
< Back to blog archive
Posted by Gary Kipp
Q: Dr. WAC, does the principal focus evaluation follow the same focus requirements of teachers?
Ask Dr. WAC:Principal Focus Evaluation Requirements vs. Teacher Requirements
A: You can find these details and WAC-specific answers in Appendix C of the AWSP Leadership Framework User's Guide
. Here are three key items I'd like to point out:
- For the most part, they are the same.
- Observation Requirements:
- Principals - There are no observation requirements for focused evaluations of principals.
- Teachers - The same requirements for observation of teachers on a comprehensive evaluation also apply to a focused evaluation. The only exception to that is if the criterion chosen is not "observable" (whatever that means).
- Student Growth: For both, if a criterion is chosen that does not have a student growth element, a student growth element must be added.
- Principals - Principals may pick from any student growth element in the framework.
- Teachers - Teachers are limited to picking from only Criteria 3 & 6
Thanks for the question. Keep them coming in.