Networked Improvement Community =
Intentional Collective Action
NIC Grants were created to encourage AWSP members to engage in Networked Improvement Communities within their district and ESD region. NIC grants can support building leaders to:
- Collectively identify problems of practice: What are some of the leadership issues you are tackling?
- Develop and test Theories of Action: If you lead in a different manner, then what would happen
- Engage in an ongoing Cycle of Inquiry: What is changing and how do you know?
NIC grants provide an incentive in the form of support funds for members desiring to initiate problem-solving projects, research efforts and other relevant team-oriented purposes focusing on equity, current problems of practice and principal support. Emphasizing flexibility and speedy funding, the project provides applicants with expense funds up to $600. Funds may be spent on expenses including, but not limited to: speakers, facility expenses, other professional learning expenses.
A total of $60,000 will be available for 2019-2020 NIC grants with ten grants available in each ESD region.
- Complete the 2019-2020 NIC grant application and submit to AWSP for approval.
- The applicant will be notified within two weeks of submission date.
- If approved, AWSP will coordinate delivery of grant funds up to $600
- Let the magic begin! Start meeting with your network to support each other while tackling your problem of practice. Record your activities.
- Prepare a report of your outcomes, and agreed upon deliverable, to AWSP no later than June 1, 2020.
If you have questions, contact Cris Sippel. Thanks for your interest in this program!
Click the NIC Grant Application
button below to create an OpenWater account. This will allow you to save your application prior to submission, if needed. If you need to edit a submitted application, please contact us at 800.562.6100 or email email@example.com
. When creating an OpenWater account, please do not use your AWSP log-in credentials.