< Back to blog archive
Posted by David Morrill on April 6, 2015 at 06:34:14 PM
Wanted: A Great Principal
Here’s a great article from The Center for Teaching Quality. The staff and students at Horizon High School wrote a letter to prospective principals applying to replace their beloved retired principal. Here’s their list of expectations of a great principal:
- a great principal will lead by example;
- a great principal will be as transparent as she can be;
- a great principal will collaborate;
- a great principal will not be afraid to show how she feels about her staff, students, and community; and
- a great principal will inspire.
Read their open letter on the CTQ website. What else would you add to the list?