The Association of Washington Middle Level Principals (AWMLP) is one of three AWSP grade-level component groups. Its governing Board of Directors is composed of practicing principals and assistant principals from middle and junior high schools across Washington state.
The AWMLP Board of Directors is committed to:
- The educational advancement of middle level and junior high school students and principals
- Assisting principals in fulfilling their leadership responsibilities
- Encouraging harmonious professional relations between administrators and teachers
- Providing opportunities for principals to exchange ideas and materials, and encouraging the exchange of professional activity and study
- Presenting the professional opinion of AWMLP to the public as well as to governmental and educational organizations
- Providing high-quality student educational programs including student leadership and environmental education
Who Serves You | AWMLP Leadership
The AWMLP Board of Directors consists of an executive committee, regional directors and organizational liaisons. Board members determine the policies of AWMLP and serve as communication liaisons between AWSP and its middle-level members. The board meets three times a year in various locations throughout the state. Professional development opportunities make up an integral part of every board meeting.
Regional directors are selected by members in each of the 15 geographic regions across the state. Regional directors have access to regional activity funds to assist with local programming.
2018-19 AWMLP Election
For the 2018-2019 year, nominees must come from western WA (alternates annually). At the spring 2019 meeting of the Board of Directors, candidates will have an opportunity to speak to the Board about their candidacy. If there are more than two candidates, a vote of the Board will determine the two candidates to be placed on a ballot for a vote of the AWMLP membership. Electronic ballots will be mailed to all AWMLP members following the spring Board meeting. Election results will be announced to the membership July 2019.
Middle Level Principal of the Year
The AWMLP board of directors annually recognizes outstanding principals and assistant principals in each of its 15 regions statewide. From the regional distinguished principal and assistant principal winners, the AWMLP board selects a Middle Level Principal of the Year annually and an Assistant Principal of the Year in alternating years with the Washington Association of Secondary School Principals.
Need reimbursement? Download and return our claim voucher.