Elementary School Principals Association of Washington
The Elementary School Principals Association of Washington (ESPAW) one of three AWSP grade-level component groups. Its governing Board of Directors is composed of practicing elementary principals from Washington state. The Board of Directors is made up of an executive committee, regional directors, and ex-officio members.
ESPAW's is committed to:
- Improving educational opportunities for all children in Washington’s elementary schools
- Enhancing the image of the elementary principal as an educational leader and promoting greater recognition of the professional skill and performance demanded by the position
- Assisting elementary school principals in fulfilling their leadership responsibilities
- Enhancing the unique and harmonious professional relationships between elementary school principals and teachers
- Providing opportunities for principals to exchange professional ideas and materials
- Working for professional conditions that will enable principals to function properly as leaders in their schools and communities
- Encouraging professional growth through special assignments, creative work and study among principals in their local areas
Who Serves You | ESPAW Leadership
The ESPAW Board meets three times a year in locations throughout the state. The executive committee includes a president, past president, vice president. treasurer/three-year AWSP representative, NAESP/Advocacy representative, Diversity and Equity representative, Professional Learning representative, At-Large representative and the ESPAW Director.
Regional directors are selected by members in each of the state’s 19 geographic regions. They serve a three-year term (maximum two terms) and disseminate information from the board to regional members.
Ex-officio members consist of an OSPI liaison, At-Large representative, ESPAW support staff coordinator and any ESPAW members who currently serve on national boards or committees.
- January 26-27, 2019 — Hotel Interurban, Southcenter
- April 26-27, 2019 — Heathman Lodge, Vancouver
- October 26-27, 2019 — Location TBD
Board Meeting Minutes and Materials
2019-20 ESPAW Election
ESPAW will hold its annual Board election in the spring. An online ballot, administered by Survey Monkey, will be sent to ESPAW members the week after the spring ESPAW Board meeting. Open positions include Vice President and Treasurer/Three Year Representative.
Elementary Principal of the Year
The Washington State Elementary Principal of Year award recognizes elementary school principals who show a commitment to excellence through the academic and social programs they foster and the family and community ties they forge. To be eligible for this award, an individual must be currently serving as a principal and have a minimum five years’ experience.
Forms & Documents
Networked Improvement Community Grant
Meeting and Planning Guidelines
Need reimbursement? Download and return our claim voucher.
For More Information
Ron Sisson | Associate Director | (800) 562-6100