Washington Association of Secondary School Principals
The Washington Association of Secondary School Principals (WASSP), is one of three AWSP grade-level component groups. Its governing Board of Directors is composed of practicing high school principals and assistant principals. Its Executive Committee has eight elected members who oversee three standing committees and the Board.
The Board is made up of League Representatives from the WIAA athletic leagues throughout the state.
The WASSP Committee Chairs/Liaisons report to the Board on committee actions.
WASSP is committed to:
Promoting a common bond and working relationship among secondary school administrators in Washington state
Cooperatively providing the best services and education to students in the state’s secondary schools
Improving the educational management of secondary schools
Providing and promoting professional improvement programs
Studying professional problems related to secondary schools
Presenting the professional opinion of WASSP to governmental and educational organizations and to the general public
To provide a complete array of programs and services to its members, WASSP partners with:
Who Serves You | WASSP Leadership
View a current list of WASSP Board members.
Upcoming Board Meetings
- October 27-28, 2018 | Crowne Plaza, SeaTac
- January 26-27, 2019 | Hotel Interurban, Southcenter
- April 26-27, 2019 | Heathman Lodge, Vancouver
- October 26-27, 2019 | Location TBD
Board Meeting Minutes and Materials
High School Principal of the Year
The High School Principal of the Year award honors principals who have demonstrated excellence in a variety of areas, from personal achievement to collaborative leadership. Download the most recent list of Distinguished League Principals and Assistant Principals from Washington state.
- The Washington State Principals' Scholars Program. Download the Award for Academic Excellence This award is for the top 5% of the senior class. (Note: If using Firefox as your browser, the document may not display properly on screen. First save the certificate to your computer, and then open the file to fill it out.)
Forms & Documents
Networked Improvement Community Grant
Need reimbursement? Download and return our claim voucher.
For More Information
Scott Friedman | Associate Director | (800) 562-6100