Professional Learning Committee
The practicing principals and assistant principals on the Professional Learning Committee design AWSP’s unique array of professional growth opportunities for building administrators and their teams.
Maintaining AWSP’s status as the preferred provider of professional learning opportunities for its members is one of the seven key goals in the AWSP Strategic Plan.
The Professional Learning Committee’s responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with education partners on ways to provide leadership development opportunities to members in all schools and districts
- Expanding the coaching/mentoring program to assist members at all professional levels
- Delivering professional development programming to members through emerging technologies and traditional channels
- Leading the K-12 community in providing leadership development programs on the transformation of schools
- Providing increased support to interns and new principals involved in the principal certification process
- Expanding professional development programs to include additional audiences
Who Serves You
The Professional Learning Committee includes 15 principals and assistant principals who meet twice a year to discuss conferences, workshops, webinars and other types of professional development opportunities for members.
- October 28-29 - Crowne Plaza, SeaTac
- January 2019 - TBD
Need reimbursement? Download and return our claim voucher.
For More Information
Macy Bruhy | Professional Learning & Intern Support | (800) 562-6100